I found this recipe on the blog of Maike and I instantly wanted to try it out! I had 3 apples lying around, just waiting to be turned into this delicious nectar.
Apple Nectar Recipe for the Gods!
The beauty with this recipe is that you are left with some gorgeous apple puree that you can eat as is or turned into fantastic “chaussons aux pommes” (I will post the recipe in the next weeks I promise!)
3 apples (Golden delicious, Bramley, Pink lady or anything you have to hand)
100g sugar (less if you want to limit your sugar intake)
Juice of 1 lemon
- Pour water and sugar in the TM bowl and cook for 10 min/90C/speed 2
- In the meantime, peel and core the apples and juice the lemon.
- Add the apple chunks and lemon juice to the water/sugar mixture and mix 10 sec/speed 5.
- Lock the lid and pulse using the Turbo button for 10 seconds at a time about 5 times (or until all the apple has been mixed very finely).
- Put a sieve covered with a muslin cloth over a jug and pour out the content of the TM bowl.
- Mix well and press with the back of a spoon to get all the juice out.
- Let to cool in the jug, then refrigerate at least 1 hour before drinking.
- Keep the apple puree in a container closed with a tight lid and leave in the fridge until ready to use.
- The nectar will keep for about 4 days and the puree will keep a week in the fridge.