My family is a big fan of meatballs but I don’t really like the beef ones too much so I sometimes try other recipes with different meat in it. This recipe is super delicious and I have made it twice already it is so good. Of course, it’s very easy and quick to make too with the help of Thermomix!
Source: Ina Garten “How easy is that” cookbook
Makes about 20 meatballs
2 slices of bread at least 1 day old, torn into quarters
2 tbsp milk
400g ground turkey
120g sausage meat (even better if you can get Italian sausage meat)
3 slices Prosciutto
50g Asiago cheese (I used Parmesan)
A handful of fresh parsley
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed pepper flakes
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
For the marinara sauce:
2 cans of 400g peeled tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
1 pinch salt
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 200C.
- Place the bread, parsley, Parmesan chunks and prosciutto into the TM bowl. Lock the lid and press the Turbo button for 8 seconds.
- Tip out into a bowl and mix in the milk. Set aside.
- Place the meat, sausage meat, oregano, crushed pepper flakes, salt and egg into the TM bowl.
- Add the breadcrumb mixture and mix 30 sec/speed 3/reverse blade direction until combined.
- Shape meatballs with your hands and place in a roasting tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the marinara sauce: peel the garlic in the TM bowl on reverse blade at speed 3.5. Remove the peel.
- Run the blade on empty at speed 8 and drop the garlic cloves onto them.
- Scrape down with the spatula and add 1tbsp olive oil. Fry 3min/100C/speed 1.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, balsamic vinegar and dried oregano and reduce 10 min/Varoma/speed 2, measuring cup OFF and internal basket on the lid to stop the projections.
- Cook some spaghetti or linguini as per packet instructions.
- Serve the pasta with some marinara sauce and meatballs.