Stuck with ideas for a quick and tasty lunch? Why not try this beautiful, quick and easy quiche sans pate, i.e.: quiche with no pastry base? It needs very few ingredients, which you almost surely have in your fridge and cupboards, is good to use up leftovers and, cherry on the cake, it’s done in a very speedy time.
Source: A table avec Thermomix (cookbook sold with every Thermomix in France)
Serves 3 to 4 as a light lunch or 6 as a starter
100g plain flour
100g emmenthal cheese (you can substitute with cheddar, in which case, omit the salt)
4 slices of ham, cut into dices or 100g lardons or any filling you like (cherry tomatoes, mushrooms…)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 210C (fan 200C)
- Place the cheese in the bowl and chop 8 sec/speed 7. Reserve a handful in a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients except the ham and mix 30sec/speed 5.
- Butter a tart tin (or a round cake tin about 26cm, or individual ramequins). Place the ham or any of the filling you chose on the bottom of the tin.
- Pour over the mixture and sprinkle with the reserved handful of cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes (20 minutes for individual portions). Serve with a salad and enjoy!