These are easy to make and impressive soufflés. The smoked salmon adds a nice fishy and salty note to the dish. The quantities in this recipe are perfect for 6 small soufflés as a starter or 2 as a main.
3 slices of good quality smoked salmon
- Preheat the oven at 210C
- Make the cheese soufflé mixture as per instructions here.
- Cut the smoked salmon in small pieces and add to the soufflé mixture during the step where the whites are incorporated to the cheese sauce.
- Melt about 10g of butter and brush it inside the ramequins (brush the sides of the ramequins from bottom to top in a straight line so that the soufflé rises easier)
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes for small ramequins or 40 minutes for big ones. Do not open the oven while the soufflés are cooking or they will collapse!
- Serve at once accompanied with a salad.