This is a second recipe from the great Persiana book I share on this blog. The first one being a dip, it’s natural that I give you a yummy flatbread recipe to go with it. This recipe makes 2 breads. You can freeze the second bread if you want to keep it for later.
1 sachet fast instant yeast
700g strong white flour
2 tsp seal salt
60g olive oil
50g melted butter
- Place the yeast and water in the bowl and warm 2 min/37C/speed 2.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except butter & Nigella seeds.
- Mix 6 sec/speed 6 moving the speed slowly up.
- Knead 2 min.
- Leave to rest 10 min.
- Knead again 2 min.
- Leave in the bowl or in another bowl until triple in size (reaches the top of the TM bowl).
- Take out onto a floured worktop and cut the dough in half.
- Stretch the dough to a 40cm long oval shap. Place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment/silicone sheet.
- Do the same with the other half of the dough.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with Nigella seeds.
- Leave to rest in a warm place for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 220 (fan) and bake for 15-18 min until golden brown.
- Allow to cool at least 30 min before serving.