My fifth recipe from the Panier Gourmand: a beautiful jam made with dried fruits and spices, just what we need for the winter…
(Source: Mon petit atelier culinaire)
200g dried figs
100g dried apricots
50g dattes, stoned
50g prunes, stoned
50g golden sultanas
1 tsp allspice
1 orange, zest and juice
1 lemon, zest and juice
- Put all the dried ingredients in the TM bowl, lock the lid and press the Turbo button 5 seconds twice.
- Add the water, zest and juices and mix 20 sec/speed 3.
- Cook 17 min/100C/speed 2 measuring cup OFF (place the basket on the lid to avoid projections)
- Pour into sterilised pots.
Christmas holidays have been busy cooking all sorts of goodies to offer to my family. I opted for a savoury spread, a few seasonal jams, condiment, homemade chocolates and a totally natural cleaning product. I will post one recipe per day. Today is the Sundried Tomato Tapenade…
Sundried Tomato Tapenade
100g sundried tomatoes (or sunblushed)
100g green olives, stoned
80g pine nuts
1 slice of white bread (crust off and torn apart)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vinegar (I used balsamic)
1/2 garlic clove, grated
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground fennel seeds (I didn’t have any so I omitted it)
- Soak the bread in the olive oil
- Put all the ingredients in the TM bowl or a food processor/blender and mix 30 sec, speed 8 until it has the consistency of a paste (you might need to stop every so often to scrape down the food from the side of the bowl).
- Put in sterilised* pots, pour olive oil on the top and refrigerate**.
* To sterilise pots, either put them in an oven at 150C for 10 minutes or pour boiling water into them and leave for 10 minutes then drain and let to dry.
**This will keep for 2 weeks in the fridge.