Each time I ask my daughter what she wants for dessert, the reply is always the same: “chocolate mousse!”. I came across this quick and easy version for chocolate mousse recently where you whisk the whole eggs and it works beautifully. The texture is a bit denser and firmer than the traditional mousse but it is equally as delicious.
Source: chic chic chocolat
1 tbsp water
180g dark chocolate
60g strong coffee (or orange juice if you don’t like coffee)
- Place the butterfly whisk in the TM bowl with the eggs, sugar and water. Whisk 3 min/70C/speed 3.5.
- Whisk another 5 min/speed 3.5.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and coffee (or juice) in the microwave in short bursts and stir between each until the chocolate is just melted.
- Fold gently some of the egg mixture into the chocolate. Add the remaining egg mixture and fold gently until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.