I am not a big fan of Starbucks I must confess. I find their coffee pretty weak and horrid and I can’t remember much from eating their pastries. However, when I saw this recipe going around in Facebook, the picture looked very delicious and lemon cakes are my soft spots. So I tried it and it is every bit as delicious as it looked. Here is the recipe, adapted to Thermomix and the European measurements (I include the cup measures also for those who use it).
Source: someone on Facebook…
240g (1 1/2 cup) plain flour, sieved
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
215g (1 cup) SUGAR
30g (2 tbsp) butter, Softened.
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon extract
80g (1/3 cup) lemon juice
100g (1/2 cup) oil
230g (1 cup + 1 tbsp) caster sugar
30g (2 tbsp) whole milk
1/2 tsp lemon extract
- Preheat the oven at
180C170C (fan ovens).
- Insert the butterfly whisk in the TM bowl. Blend together the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon juice in the TM bowl 1 min/speed 4. Remove the butterfly whisk.
- Add the sieved flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix 10 sec/speed 6.
- Add the oil and mix 10 sec/speed 6.
- Pour the batter in a greased 9×5 inch loaf tin (23x12cm) and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cook on a grid.
- Clean and dry the bowl.
- Grind the sugar for 30 sec/speed 10.
- Add the milk and lemon extract and mix 10sec/speed 6 or until combined and smooth.
- When the cake is completely cooled down, pour over the lemon icing and let it set before slicing.