This is a quick and super tasty dish to make with Thermomix (which comes in handy to prepare all the components of this dish). I got the idea for the salad from Mamina in her blog “La table de Mina” and the dressing is the secret dressing recipe from Wagamama, a chain of Asian restaurants in the UK and Ireland (curtesy of C’est ma fournée for the recipe). When I say secret, it’s not anymore since Wagamama revealed the recipe in their latest cookbook after being so jealously guarded for so long (it’s THE dressing that gets the customers coming back for more!).
Serves 4 people
200g Basmati rice
500g jumbo prawns (I used fresh but if frozen, thaw them first)
1 handful of fresh coriander
1 small red chilli
2 garlic cloves
2.5 cm fresh ginger
1 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 small garlic clove
1 tbsp Ketchup
1 tbsp water
90g sunflower oil
10g sesame oil
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
- Place the rice in the internal basket with 1 L water in the bowl. Place the basket in the TM bowl and rinse the rice 5 sec/speed 5.
- Cook 10 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Wash the courgette and cut it into ribbons lengthways using a Y peeler or a mandoline. Place on the Varoma tray.
- When the 10 minutes are up, remove the measuring cup and place the Varoma on the lid. Cook for a further 10 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the mango and peel the garlic and ginger. De-seed the chilli.
- When the rice is cooked, set it aside. Rinse the bowl in cold water and run the blades at speed 8 while dropping the garlic and ginger for the dressing. Scrape down the side of the bowl.
- Add the remaining dressing ingredients and blend 15 sec/speed 6.
- Pour into a small bottle (you’ll have enough dressing for a few dishes). Keep the leftover in the fridge for up to a week.
- Rinse the bowl and drop the chilli, the remaining garlic and ginger for the salad on speed 8.
- Add some oil and cook 3 min/100C/speed 1.
- Add the defrosted prawns and cook 3 min/100C/speed 1. Test to check the prawns are cooked or add 1 minute if not.
- Place the rice into a serving bowl. Tip out the prawns and mix in. Add the pieces of mango, the chopped coriander and pour over the dressing. Enjoy!