You should know by now that I love chocolate. Another thing that is sure to tickle my taste buds is chestnut. Add them together and you have a winner.
Homemade chestnut purée
500g cooked chestnuts
1 vanilla pod
500g chestnut purée
100g dark chocolate
100g unsalted butter
- First make the chestnut purée: heat the water and sugar in the TM bowl 9 min/Varoma/speed 3.
- Add the chestnuts, the vanilla seeds and heat 22 min/100C/speed 3.
- Blend 30 sec/speed 9.
- Pour into a sterilised jar.
- To make the fondant: preheat the oven at 150C. Melt the chocolate and butter 4 min/50C/speed 2, scraping the sides of the bowl half way through.
- Set the Thermomix to speed 3 and add the eggs through the hole in the lid.
- Add the chestnut purée and mix 15 sec/speed 4.
- Pour out into a buttered and floured cake tin or silicone mould.
- Bake for 30 to 45 min depending on the size of the tin.