To celebrate Saint Patrick’s day, I looked for sweet recipes using the famous Irish stout: Guinness. I have already used it in a delicious chocolate-Guinness cake (I promise I’ll post the recipe on this blog one day) and a little search on the web brought me to this mouth-watering ice cream recipe by David Lebovitz. I topped it with some cream mixed with my homemade version of Bailey’s and boy is this divine!
Happy Paddy’s day everyone!
Source: David Lebovitz
240g whole milk
4 egg yolks
150g milk chocolate
A pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Make a custard in the Thermomix by adding the milk, egg yolks, salt and sugar to the TM bowl and heat 7 min/80C/speed4.
- Add the chocolate cut in chunks in the hot custard and mix 15 sec/speed 3 until smooth.
- Add the cream, Guinness and vanilla extract. Mix 10 sec/speed 3.
- Pour into a plastic container with a lid and leave to cool at room temperature.
- Freeze with the lid on overnight.
- The next day, scoop some ice-cream and serve with cream whipped with a tablespoon of vanilla sugar and a tablespoon of Bailey’s.
- Top with a sprinkle of chocolate flakes and serve immediately.