This French recipe comes from the Vorwerk book “The best of the communities recipes”. It’s been tried and tested by a friend of mine who qualified the recipe as “yum”. That was enough compliment for me and since I happened to have lots of the French toffees called Carambars lying around in my cupboard (and that I was trying to save from my toffee-crazy daughter), the opportunity was too good to miss.
Source: Best of the communities recipes
22 Carambars or 180g Daims or Werther’s Originals, refrigerated
130g creme fraiche or cream
4 egg whites
60g vanilla sugar* (I put 80g and it was not too sweet)
*Vanilla sugar can be obtained in the Thermomix by mixing 1 vanilla pod cut in half and in half lengthwise with 150g sugar 1min/speed 9. Keep in an airtight container.
- Place the refrigerated toffees in the TM bowl and mix 10sec/speed 7.
- Add the cream or creme fraiche and cook 5 min/90C/speed 2. Divide into 8 glasses.
- Clean and dry thoroughly the TM bowl (Or use 2nd bowl). Place the butterfly whisk and add the egg whites. Whisk 3 min/speed 3.5/measuring cup OFF. Tip out and reserve in a big bowl.
- Place the Mascarpone and vanilla sugar in the TM bowl and mix 15sec/speed 6.
- Fold gently in the egg whites with the spatula.
- Spoon or pipe into the 8 glasses. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Finally, Jean from Perth (aka Cookie1 from the Thermomix forum) has tried my Sunflower bread recipe. Here is a picture she took before it got devoured by her family at a dinner party: