It was the Chandeleur not that long ago but I wanted to make something a bit different than just plain individual pancakes. I had seen a recipe for pancake cake on my friend Carine’s blog Chic Chic Choc…olat, which gave me all the inspiration I needed to make a truly beautiful dessert!
Source: adapted from Chic chic choc…olat recipe
100g Hazelnut paste
100g dark chocolate
10g unsalted butter
15g cocoa powder
150g icing sugar
- Make the pancake batter as per the recipe to which you can add 1 tbsp rhum, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tbsp sugar.
- Leave to rest at least 30 minutes before using.
- Make the pancakes (I got about 10) and leave them to cool on a plate.
- Make the hazelnut paste and take out 100g. Keep the rest in a jar and use it to make lovely nutella!
- Melt 100g dark chocolate in the Thermomix by first chopping it 6 sec/speed 6, then melting 3 min/50C/speed 2.
- Add the 100g hazelnut paste and mix 20 sec/speed 3. You now have Gianduja.
- Take one pancake and place on a serving plate.
- Spread with some of the hazelnut and chocolate mixture, then place another pancake on top and so on until there is no more pancake.
- Clean the TM bowl and place butter and milk into it. Cook 2 min/80 C/speed 2.
- Add sugar and cocoa and blend for 25 sec/speed 4.
- Pour over the pancake cake and leave to set in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.