I can’t believe I haven’t posted one recipe of ice creams or sorbets since my first post on Strawberry sorbet!!I had never tried making mint ice cream and my only attempt at a chocolate sorbet in the past was not completely conclusive. This time, I found 2 recipes that are fantastic! Of course, you could make either on their own but when you combine the two, it’s divine. The idea came about because I’m in love with After Eights! They are so yummy and addictive. The problem is: once I start eating one, I can’t stop until I have had half a dozen!! Not so good. This duo of ice cream and sorbet is perfect to satisfy my cravings and is a brilliant summer dessert.
Source: Petit Chef Lustine for the Chocolate sorbet and a mixture of recipes found on Thermomix forums for the Mint ice cream
Mint ice cream
250g milk (full fat for me)
2 handfuls of fresh mint leaves
peppermint extract (to strengthen the mint flavour, to taste)
160g dark chocolate (70% cocoa is a must)
120g caster sugar
40g unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp instant coffee granules
1 pinch of sea salt
- Mint ice cream: pulverise sugar 5 sec/speed 10
- Add the remaining ingredients except the eggs and mix for 30 sec/speed 6 to chop the mint leaves.
- Add the eggs and cook for 5 min/90C/speed 4.
- Blend 30 sec/speed 8 to completely mix the mint leaves.
- Taste and add peppermint essence if needed.
- Leave to cool at room temperature, then pour into ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
- Chocolate sorbet: place water, sugar, salt, coffee granules and cocoa powder in TM bowl and cook for 5 min/90C/speed 2.
- Add the chocolate in chunks and cook for 30 sec/90C/speed 4.
- Leave to cool and pour into ice cube trays. Freeze overnight.
- The next day: place cubes of sorbet in the TM bowl and blitz on speed 7 until the sorbet clings together.
- Scoop out or use second TM bowl to do the same with the mint ice cream.
- Scoop out and serve immediately.