What do you do with leftover egg yolks?? Well, chocolat liégeois is a good alternative to cremes brulées and custard. I love the look of this elegant dessert and it tastes as good as it looks!
On a different note, I have been recently interviewed by another French foodie: Ketty who runs the blog French Foodie in Dublin. Check it out here.
Source: Cuisine AZ
4 egg yolks
100g dark chocolate, cut into chunks
For the Chantilly:
150g whipping cream
3 tbsp icing sugar
1tsp vanilla extract or the seeds of 1/2 vanilla pod
Chocolate vermicelli for decoration
- Place the egg yolks, cornflour and sugar into the TM bowl and mix 30 sec/speed 3.
- Add the milk and cream and cook 7 min/90C/speed 4
- Add the chocolate and mix 30 sec/speed 3.
- Pour into glasses until 3/4 full.
- Let it cool and set.
- Before serving, make a Chantilly by beating the cream in the TM bowl with the butterfly whisk at speed 3, measuring cup OFF and after a few seconds, add the icing sugar and vanilla extract through the hole in the lid. Watch through the hole and stop as soon as the top of the cream looks almost done. You can also stop every 10 seconds and test with a spoon to check the consistency. I should form soft peaks. Be mindful that the bottom will be more firm than the top of the Chantilly.
- Place into a piping bag fit with a star nozzle and pipe onto the cooled chocolate cream. Sprinkle with chocolate vermicelli and leave in the fridge until ready to serve.