Almost Halloween and the orange colour is almost everywhere, including in our plates lately. The pumpkin season is not so long so let’s make the most of it. It’s a good source of beta carotene (vitamin A), which is great for the skin and hair, so what can be healthier than this fabulously orange soup? Also a great way to use some of my basil herb oil…
Source: Woman & Home magazine, Autumn 2012
20g Olive oil
1 onion, peeled and cut in quarters
300g pumpkin, peeled and cut in chunks
100g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
zest and juice of 1 orange
1 garlic clove
1 tsp ground coriander
400g vegetable stock
A few sprig of coriander, drops of cream and basil oil to garnish
- Put the oil, onion and garlic in the TM bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Sauté 3min/100C/speed 1.
- Add the sweet potatoes and pumpkin and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Add the stock, orange juice and zest and ground coriander and cook for 17 min/100C/speed 1.
- Blitz for 1 min/speed 10. Add more water if it’s too thick until you reach the right consistency.
- Garnish with the cream, coriander leaves, basil oil if using and correct seasoning.