This month, Piroma from the Supertoinette forum proposed a seafood recipe for us all Thermomixers to do at home for our monthly challenge. I love scallops but I think I might have developed an intolerance to them after a bad food poisonning episode. Anyway, I did the recipe yesterday and it was delicious (not so much the reaction I got to the scallops afterwards…).
500g 00 flour (pasta flour)
3 eggs + 2 yolks
4 shallots (peeled and cut in half)
2 leeks (white part only, washed and cut into chunks)
Roe from 24 scallops
70g tomato concentrate (or tomato puree)
50g red Port
100g single cream
- Put all the ingredients for the Pasta dough into the TM bowl and mix 30 sec/speed 6.
- If the mixture is too dry, add water 1 tsp at a time until it clings together
- Knead the dough 1min30
- Tip out onto a piece of cling film, wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut the dough in 6 portions and roll the dough through a pasta machine until the setting before the smallest one is reached. Make sure to wrap the pasta portions until they are rolled because they dry quickly.
- Cut through a linguine or tagliatelle attachment.
- Hang somewhere to dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Make the sauce: chop the shallots and leek 6 sec/speed 6.
- Add 20g olive oil and sauté 5 min/100C/speed 1.
- Add the tomato concentrate and Port and cook 2 min/80C/speed 1.
- Add the scallop roes and the cream and mix 10 sec/speed 5, then cook 2 min/80C/speed 1.
- At the end of the cooking time, blend 30 sec/speed 10. Taste to verify seasoning.
- Boil 1 L water in a saucepan, add salt then the pasta and cook for 2min30. Check the cooking and strain.
- Meanwhile, pan fry the scallops in a little oil for 1 min each side (more if they are big), season and keep warm in the oven at 70C.
- Assemble the dish and enjoy!