As we’re nearing the time for spookyness and Trick or Treat gallores, I found appropriate to give you a recipe for those yummy cake pops, which are a great hit with kids and can be decorated to your heart’s content. I only used spooky ghosts and bats sprinkles for these ones but you can be more adventurous and use white chocolate coloured in orange for the icing and make scary faces on each one.
Makes about 24 cake pops
For the gluten free chocolate brownie
150g dark chocolate
150g unsalted butter
100g ground almond
40g icing sugar (or granulated sugar turned into icing sugar in Thermomix)
For the chocolate icing
100g dark or white chocolate
Sprinkles of your choice
24 lollypop sticks
- Make the chocolate brownie a few hours in advance: put the sugar into the TM bowl and turn into icing sugar 20 sec/speed 10. Tip out and reserve.
- Place the chocolate chunks into the Thermomix bowl and blitz for a few seconds speed 6.
- Add butter, cut in dices and melt 5 min/50C/speed 1.
- Beat the 3 eggs and add to the chocolate mixture and mix 10 sec/speed 3.
- Add the ground almond and icing sugar and mix at speed 6 until combined.
- Pour into a 20 cm cake tin (buttered and lined) and bake at 190C for 25 to 35 min (check with skewer: if it comes out clean, it’s done).
- Leave out to cool completely on a grid.
- When the cake is totally cool, break it into chunks and place in the clean TM bowl.
- Blitz 3 or 4 seconds/speed 6 until it clings together.
- Make balls with this doughy mixture and insert a stick on each one of them.
- Leave to cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Make the chocolate icing: place the chocolate chunks into the TM bowl and mix 3 sec/speed 6.
- Add the butter and melt 5 min/50C/speed 1 until totally melted.
- Add the cream and mix 10 sec/speed 3. If using white chocolate, you can add a few drops of food colouring at this stage.
- Pour into a bowl, take out the cake balls from the fridge and dip each one into the chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with the decorations that you want and place standing in a narrow glass to dry.